This page will walk you through installing Velocitab on a Velocity proxy server.
- A Velocity proxy server
- Backend Minecraft servers running Minecraft version 1.19 or newer†
- Protocolize version 2.2.5+ installed on your Velocity proxy
†Servers that support clients with versions older than 1.19 are not supported, as Velocitab relies on dispatching protocol-compatible packets. Users attempting to connect on earlier versions will cause errors to display in your proxy server console.
- Download the latest version of Velocitab
- Download the latest version of Protocolize
- Drag both into the
/plugins/folder on your Velocity proxy server
- Download and install additional optional dependencies on your proxy and backend servers as needed:
- If you'd like Velocitab to display user roles from LuckPerms, ensure LuckPerms is installed on your proxy as well, and configured to synchronise role information via MySQL and Plugin Messages or Redis.
- If you'd like to use PlaceholderAPI placeholders, install PAPIProxyBridge on both your Velocity server and Spigot-based Minecraft servers. Also ensure PlaceholderAPI is installed on your spigot servers.
- Restart your proxy to let Velocitab generate its configuration file
- Stop your proxy server, modify the
config.ymlfile to your liking, and start your server.
Velocitab should now be successfully installed on your proxy.