This page will walk you through installing Velocitab on a Velocity proxy server.
- A Velocity proxy server (running Velocity 3.2.0 or newer)
- Backend Minecraft servers (running Minecraft version 1.16.5 or newer)†
†Servers that support clients with versions older than 1.16 are not supported, as Velocitab relies on dispatching protocol-compatible packets and modern 1.16 RGB chat color formatting. Users attempting to connect on earlier versions will cause errors to display in your proxy server console.
- Download the latest version of Velocitab
- Drag the plugin into the
/plugins/folder on your Velocity proxy server
- Download and install additional optional dependencies on your proxy and backend servers as needed:
- If you'd like Velocitab to display user roles from LuckPerms, ensure LuckPerms is installed on your Velocity proxy as well, and configured to synchronise role information over your database
- If you'd like to use PlaceholderAPI placeholders, install PAPIProxyBridge on both your Velocity proxy and Spigot-based Minecraft servers. Also ensure PlaceholderAPI is installed on your spigot servers
- If you'd like to use MiniPlaceholders placeholders, install MiniPlaceholders on your Velocity proxy.
- Restart your proxy to let Velocitab generate its configuration file
- Stop your proxy server, modify the
config.ymlfile to your liking, and start your server
Velocitab should now be successfully installed on your proxy.