This guide will walk you through how to upgrade from HuskSync v1.4.x to HuskSync 2.x.
- MySQL Database with HuskSync v1.4.x data
- Migration from SQLite is not supported, as HuskSync v2.x requires a MySQL database and does not support SQLite. Appologies for the inconvenience.
- If you're running v1.3.x or older, follow the update instructions to 1.4.x first before updating to 2.x.
1. Uninstall HuskSync v1.x from all servers
- Switch off all servers and your proxy
- Delete the jarfile from your
~/plugins/folders on your Spigot servers
- Also delete the jarfile from your
~/plugins/folders on your Proxy. HuskSync v2.x no longer requires a proxy plugin.
- Delete (or make a copy and delete) all HuskSync config data folders (
~/plugins/HuskSync/). HuskSync 2.x has a new config and messages file.
2. Install HuskSync v2.x on all Spigot servers
- HuskSync v2.x must only be installed on your Spigot servers, not your proxy.
- Follow the setup instructions here.
3. Configure the migrator
- With your servers back on and correctly configured to run HuskSync v2.x, ensure nobody is online.
- Use the console on one of your Spigot servers to enter:
husksync migrate legacy
- Carefully read the migration configuration instructions. In most cases, you won't have to change the settings, but if you do need to adjust them, use
husksync migrate legacy set <setting> <value>.
- Migration will be carried out from the database you specify with the settings in console to the database configured in
config.yml. If you're migrating from multiple clusters, ensure you run the migrator on the correct servers corresponding to the migrator.
4. Start the migrator
husksync migrate legacy startto begin the migration process. This may take some time, depending on the amount of data you're migrating.
5. Ensure the migration was successful
- HuskSync will notify in console when migration is complete. Verify that the migration went OK by logging in and using the
/userdata list <username>command to see if the data was imported with the
- You can delete the old tables in the database if you want. Be careful to make sure you delete the right ones. By default the new table names are
husksync_user_dataand the old ones were
husksync_data, but you may have changed these.